Calligraphy Lesson

Monday, March 29, 2010

29 Mar - Homework & Notes on Flashback Paragraphs

Homework:
1) Reading Comprehension Worksheet
2) Flashback Paragraphs (2 paragraphs)
- Think of a very special moment or occasion that you will remember always. Write a flashback paragraph about it. Then practise writing another flashback on your family or friend's experience.

Note:
-A flashback is where you go back in time to something that has happened in the past.
-What are some cherished moments in your life?
- Birthday party? Holiday trip? Spending time with your loved ones?

-Below are some examples of flashback paragraphs:

When I think of my childhood memories, one of my dearest is going down to the river stream by my old house in the village. I close my eyes and in a mere moment I am nine years old again, playing at my favourite spot.

As I was sitting at the shore by the beach, listening to the sounds of the waves, my mind went back two years ago to that wonderful day when I first met my best friend.

"Run! A ferocious dog is chasing us!" Peter shouted. We ran as fast as our legs could carry us. It was one of our mischievous acts when we were younger.


No comments:

Post a Comment