Calligraphy Lesson

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oral Practices & Notes

Practise your oral with an adult or sibling at home.
Do refer to the notes given to you on Tuesday.

Extra Notes on Oral
(done during supplementary and in class)

- Reading passage
- Picture discussion [Introduction, Focal points, Conclusion]
Give details, analysis, reason and thought

Details- Describe what is shown in the picture.
Eg. "There are... ", "A man is...", "The children are..."
Do not say "I can see... "
Do not name the characters.

Analysis- Explore more about the characters and their actions.
Analyse how the characters are feeling and the relationship between the characters.

Reason- Explain why you think the characters are feeling this way.
Eg. "Perhaps..."
"Maybe..."
"... should be..."

Thought- Give your own understanding and thoughts about the scene.
Eg. "If I were ..."
"I feel that..."
"I think..."
"In my opinion..."

No comments:

Post a Comment